In memory of Athus and his special life, his closest kin have created this site for others to share their experiences with Athus as well as share photos and artwork. An email address has been established to send your wishes in to be posted on this site athus@athusnadorian.com.

• Tsariea says:

Shine on.

RIP – and may those who were with you have a speedy recovery.

• RoaringFlameCat-Suzanne says:

I’m saddened that I never got to meet this lovely dragon everyone is mentioning here so lovingly.

I’m sorry that a cruel twist of fate has shortened your life, and has prevented many of us (myself included) from never meeting you. And while I can’t share a fond memory, I can however show my condolences by donating to the family. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Suzanne

• Spiritrunner (aka Ken) says:

To have such a life changed so drastically, so suddenly. What does someone say? …Especially someone who is used to simply sitting in the background, appreciating the love, laughs, hard work, and joy that others put so freely out for everyone to enjoy?

I can only speak of what I have seen. But from even only his art, I could see how Athus was an open, caring, loving, joyful person who truely loved everything he did.

On one end, I feel truely saddened that he has left this world, and also concern for the well-being of those who were and still are around him. To all of you my heart and hugs (And wing-wraps) go out.

On the other side, I am also happy. Happy because I see not only how much he meant to all of you, but also to see how you have all still held him in your hearts, and continue the joy and happiness that he has brought to the world. In that he still lives here. Now. With all of you.

Finally i also feel a sense of peace in imagining him able to once again spread his wings and soar, to revel and dance in the clouds and winds, remembering the happiness he shared with all of you as he brings such wonderful emotions and memories to whatever next life he creates for himself. he left great things behind for you. And I am sure all of you have also left great things with him as well. Things he will carry with him for full on lifetimes to come.

Athus; May the winds forever bear your wings aloft.

• He’ll be well missed as a fellow dragon, Always make people to laugh, friendly and always up for adventures and be around with his friends and family. I’ve made a picture for him to honor him for who he’s and now still is. He’s no longer here but he’s still out there somewhere. Flying around, watching over us. Athus You’re such a good Fellow, Hope You’re proud of my picture. I’ve literally overwork my self to draw and color it for you and your mate and family and friends. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6697860
    Rest in peace Athus. I’ll not forget you.

• Valentino W says:

I have no words

• Anita Mulders says:

Dearest Athus,
    Your determination and tenacity helped create Bad Dragon. Your vision and sensitivity quietly got things done, and made the wheels of progress run smoothly. Your creativity was the lifeblood of the whole team. Whatever challenges you faced in life you just dealt with them.

You leave a gaping hole in many lives. You will not be forgetten. My deepest sympathy to all of your family, Narse and all your friends. You will stay in their hearts.

You brought such laughter and hilarity to your visit to Scotland. It was an honour to meet you.
    My funniest memory is of your reaction to the completely unfamiliar tastes of Indian food. Your expressions were priceless. Needless to say you took it all in your stride. I am so glad you visited and saw where Varka came from.

Love,
    Varka’s mum .

• From my Journal on FA:

“Last night I stumbled on the news of athus’s passing on October 11th. I was immediately hit with shock at what had happened and couldn’t believe it was the same man. I can’t say I knew him, but like a lot of us, we knew his works and he was a terrific artist that we all came to love. He was one of the first furs I ever came across when discovering this community. My deepest sympathies to Narse and Athus’s family. Narse has the details of what happened on his page, please visit there for information. May they all be in our thoughts, prayers, and memories.

Athus – Fly high and rest in peace.

Narse – Our memories will never fade and you have our prayers”

• Sriseru says:

Although I never knew him in life, I still feel a great sorrow for Athus’ passing.
    These past few days I’ve been reading up on him and checking out his work, and I’ve come to feel a great deal of respect and admiration for him.

Rest in peace, Athus Nadorian.

• Friendly dragon. says:

He may have left the Earth, but his love is still in our hearts.

• Kevin says:

Such unexpected news to hear, especially from a friend group I left a while ago, and had been wondering how they were doing. Damn.

I never knew the guy personally, but I did know him and Narse quite well through close past friends. No human being deserves to have their life taken away from them so early, especially someone so upbeat and kind hearted.

Shame I never got to meet you dude. Hope you’re doing alright wherever you’ve gone.

• Jerld says:

What can I say that hasn’t already been said,
    its terrible when the world loses a kind and talented person like Athus, when I heard of the news it hit me pretty hard, and I didn’t even know him.
    My sincere condolences to Narse, and all of Athus’s family, he will be missed and not forgotten.

• Jaser Lynx says:

Today, after getting internet again after several months without, I find that two artists I’ve followed for a long time are now a couple, and that another influential artist I’ve recognized for so many years had passed away. My girlfriend is an art major; I see her study art history, and at times like this wonder how people like Athus will be remembered. Certainly Athus’ influence is one of those handful that will extend beyond our own generation in this community.

To everyone, drive safely.

Athus, thanks.

• Kody says:

A soul take to early from his life. he will live on in the heart’s of everyone. and my thought’s go out to his family and freind’s. i hope they are copeing well.

sleep well athus you will never be forgotton.

love Kody

• jordan says:

he will never be forgotten hope he has a happy after life and for his family sorry for your loss i dont know how sad all of his friends and family must feel

• Jerry Hakurou says:

I may only be one voice in the sea of others in wishing the white wind of the eternal life carries you to the safely to your next. I do wish those who knew you recover from the emotional, physical and spirtiual pain subsides quickly. We will all keep you in our memories. Every toy i buy from now on will be bought with sadness you won’t be apart of the team that makes the best toys ever.

• I just want to say that I am truly saddened. I may not have known him, but I am still sad. I wish the best for his family and friends. God bless. You now fly high in the sky.

• Dracondra says:

I do not know him really, just about his art…

I just got the information yesterday and I am still shocked. Even if I am not involved in this I would like to leave some words:

Such a person has been integrated so deeply in his family and friends, that his past away left a giant chasm. Any time, when I get heard of a perish, I try to realise that death works with its own law. One have to accept that it happens and it could happen to everyone, anytime. However, all involved people have experienced feelings, and good memories with him and not even death could get this.

Therefore, I take honest to the following afterword with tears in my eyes: You all, people, dragons, kins, furs, should make the best of all experiences you will make in your life, no matter what happens. Find good in it. Protect your loves and enjoy any second with your friends, family and partners. Help each other if others want to get helped.

My heart hurts in the words “Good bye” before I had ever the chance to say “Hello, I am Dracondra”…So to all of you who read this: “Hello I am Dracondra, a winddragon from Germany.”

Cheerz and hugs,
    Dracondra

I hope, my English is comprehensible

• Naedere says:

I’m sorry this comes so late, but when I heard the news Monday it stunned me…it didn’t feel real and I needed some time to collect my thoughts.
    Though I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally or calling him my friend, his art was some of the earliest work I saw from the furry community and it was a large part of what led me here. If it weren’t for him I would not have met so many wonderful people and made so many friends around the country and around the world. I regret that I will never have the opportunity to tell him so.
    Even though I wasn’t that close to him, this still hurts for so many reasons.
    It hurts because he was a fellow dragon.
    It hurts because he was a fellow human being, and by all accounts an amazing one at that.
    It hurts because he was the other half of someone’s life, I know how that is and the thought of that loss tears me up inside. My thoughts go to Narse and Brian’s family in this difficult time.
    It hurts because it was such an unfair end to such a young life, it makes you think about how fleeting your existence can be. If one thing can be taken away by everyone that knew and loved him it should be that you never know when your time will end and you should make the most of it. Be a decent person, be someone’s rock, be a good friend, treat others with kindness and respect, that you may be so remembered one day after you are gone.
    We have lost a great person, a good friend, a brother to some, an inspiration to many, and an icon to the community. He will be missed and remembered always.
    RIP Athus

• Frenzy says:

Fly on, brother. Spread your wings and watch over the ones you left behind.

• Amorous says:

I wanted to add to the sea of voices here. Athus was a great inspiration to many of us. It was through him that I found a wonderful community in which I made many friends and learned about myself. I do wish I could help ease the sadness in everyone for you. I’ll live my life with my head held up high thanks to Athus and what he has done. He has become a role model to me just by being who he was. I am sad to see his journey here end, but I’ll do my best in his memory. Thank you for what you have done for me, and everyone else. If not for yourself, then please for me, Rest in Peace, beautiful dragon.

• Krystal says:

I am so very sorry for your loss. I never got to know him but it is still sad to hear that we have lost another creative talent. He sounds like a wonderful person and I send you my thoughts and prayers.

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.

Fly high dragon and may your fire always burn bright!

• Cole Winters- Drew says:

Athus;

It isn’t your name exactly, but it was the name many of us knew you by. I suppose it doesn’t matter what you were called, as long as we remember the pieces of you that were left behind inside all of us. I know you wouldn’t know me if someone said my name in conversation. You probably wouldn’t remember the breif encounter that we had many years ago. At least it feels like many years. I’m sorry it’s taken 10 days for me to learn of your accident, and it must mean so little for my feelings to pour in now….amidst the ocean of love that now flows for you.

It’s funny a little, isn’t it…that we recieve so much love after we pass from this life. Though it warms my heart a bit to know that when my time comes as well, the people I hold dearest will be sheltered and comforted…like the people dear to you are sure to be. Watch over them and all of us, always, until we join you.

Cole Winters

• Sammy Hawk says:

I am so sorry to hear this bad news. I’ve always been a fan of Athus’ works. Although I don’t know him personally, I am sure that he was a great Dragon who inspired us all.

You will be missed…All over the world…

Love from Portugal. RIP.

• Larus - Daniel says:

When I arrived on Sunday, I really wasn’t expecting what happened, I was amazed to see well over 27 people there at the house, most upstairs playing Mortal Kombat on the PS3 and meeting Athus’ mother. She was very sweet and inviting and was quick to know I was a dragon. Honestly, I felt embarrassed because I wasn’t sure what to say and just said, “yep!”. I wont go into total details about the entire trip because this journal isn’t about the trip in its entirety. I wanted to direct it more towards everyone.

Being there I experienced what the community was all about, the love, support, well wishes.. Everything and everyone, the comments the concerns with people that were touched by Athus, and the things in life that connected everyone around the world and around the community as a whole.

We saw awesome pictures of Athus being his silly goofy self, that silly wicked grin he loved to give whenever had something silly on his mind and the tenacity to always see what was going on around him.

Athus and Narse, I owe so much to them, they may not know it but I wouldn’t be where I am today if it were not for them. My good friend Silowyi introduced them to me almost 8 years ago. Before the FA drama before everyone knew everyone. They really helped me to discover myself, spiritually and mentally. I’m not silly, I know I cant just be a dragon and such. Its in the heart and mind, its the feeling of freedom in your own body knowing that things will always turn in a good way some day in your life and others.

The things I witnessed while I was visiting really changed me. I went through loss before. As some of you very well know, But this was different. I lost a very close friend, but it also changed me for the better. Much like how when my father passed away, I saw life in a new light. Much the same, I feel as though I could tackle the world with my head held high.

I’m going to try being more open, not being this secluded insecure person that always thinks others are upset with him, or having this notion that others think badly of him. I shouldn’t stress over stupid things like chats or IM’s. I should think of the here and now. I sit here with my fathers Dog tags around my neck, because they fell from my counter the night I found out about the passing. I dont normally hold to notions or signs, but right now, I know; Things in life happen, either it seem hard.. or cold, or wrong. But life is a thing we cannot change, Its how we adapt as a person that best justifies how our life continues.

I’ll continue being that silly blue dragon that everyone knows and loves, I’ll still remain by the sides of my close friends, through thick or thin. And I’ll remain true to Athus’ dream of spreading your wings and seeking more fun and adventure in life.

• ShadowsEdge says:

I had surgery on the 19th of October and I had an amazing experience and I feel compelled to share it and im trying to type this all hopped up on pain killers so please excuse any spelling errors i might make.

The surprising part is that when they put me under for the surgery I had a dream, which in the first place really odd cause drug enduced sleep like that one doesnt tend to dream and its this dream that utterly amazed me in that when they put me under it started out as blackness but then all of a sudden a figure appeared befor me in the blackness and it was a dragon, but it wasnt just any dragon, it was Athus.
    When he appeared he had this kind of empowering glow around him that lit up the darkness just enough that i could look down and see my self which i did and i appeared to be as my own Avatar/fursona (ive never had a dream where i could accually see myself as a dragon let alone my own avatar), and the first thing he said to me was “Dont worry about me, im fine.” Then i had more conversation with him but for the life of me i cant remember what it was about because of the drugs and the last thing i remember about the dream was that Athus streched out his neck and touched his nose to mine then everything went white and then the next thing i knew i was in the recovery room awake and my buddy was sitting right next to me, and even that was pritty much a blur to me as well cause i dont even know how i got my t-shirt or pants on. And another thing is that the surgery went for 2 hours and its kinda amazing that he was with me the entire time.

(Please do note that im not wrighting this to get attention, popularity, or really knew Athus other than his amazing art, i just had to share this i amazing experience that i had with you.)

• Lucas says:

R.I.P. Athus i will never forget you. That world is not fair.

• Fawkes Messerschmitt says:

While I myself never met him he has made an impact in many peoples live and it truly is a tragic loss to the family, friends and internet users, to think I was in the same state and could have met himis such a sad thing. I hope that Narse and Sarmy get well soon.

• Syncr says:

It is very sad. I have no any other words.
    Goodbye, Athus. You are still in our hearts.

• EarnanDragon says:

Like many people in this long list of comments I never met him… however, his art has been so inspiring for me for the past 5 years, along with Narse’s and a few others, that I am finally breaking out of my shell to shine in the sunlight with everyone else… As soon as I found out what had happened I just couldn’t believe it, and for the last 2 days I have been mourning for Athus and Narse even though I never met either… Athus, may your afterlife be as magical as your life has been inspiring!

• Kyos Sahrin says:

Blessed be Athus, peace be with you in the next life.

• c j says:

R.I.P. This is very sad indeed.

• Hondra says:

I have to say I didn’t know Athus IRL or even talk to him I’ve only followed him since way back in Kaa’s yahoo group, which I think was Anthrosaur or something. I think I effectivly followed him for 10 years and I have to say it is saddening to know that he’s gone. Even though I never knew him I still liked his personality. Always seemed a good guy. Never added drama to the internets or even on his own journal, and that was something I liked about him. Its funny, I never knew the guy or he didn’t even know of my existance but I still feel sad that someone that I enjoyed following is no more. *sigh* Such is life.

• Wayne says:

I’m so sorry about the bad news.
    Although I don’t know him personally.

I like all of his pictures,he kept a deep impression in my life and I’ll never forget him.

Goobye,Athus.Wish you rest in pease.

message from Taiwan

• FlamingRawrs AKA RawrDragon AKA Yosei says:

My apologies for not responding immediately. It felt surreal to hear the news, for the most part I was unaware due to my birthday coming up that weekend. I found out a bit too late and even now needed time to re-collect my thoughts.

My heart goes out to Athus, as well as the family and friends. I’m truly sorry for the lost. I can simply see the impact he had upon the community as well as close friends of mine. I never had the chance to truly meet him but now it seems that I can only relive through the memories that fellow friends have.

But after have said that, he lives on through all of you. At this point, I can only wish that I may be able to meet a great handful of you people so that we may spend time in rejoicing the good times Athus had here.

Again, my condolence goes out to the family and friends close to Athus. May he rest in peace.

Also, Narse, and Sarmy, may you two and any others involved have a speedy recovery. I don’t have much now during these hard fiscal times but I can only hope that what I gave helps out.

May the stars guide you all to eternal peace.

• Eugene says:

Сочувствую друзьям и родственникам. Это очень грустно. Пусть звезды всегда светят тебе и укажут дорогу в лучший мир. Скорбим и помним тебя. Покойся с миром, Athus.

I sympathize with your friends and family. It’s very sad. Let the stars shine you always and will point the way to a better world. We mourn and remember you … Rest in peace, Athus.

• Talec says:

Aww, Athus. I always enjoyed seeing your art back when I frequented Draconic.com.

Kaetaa. <3

• Jake says:

Energy only changes, it does not disappear. He rides on the storms over the sea. He is admired and he inspires. His energy is strong is ever increasing by the Love and reverence we all share for him.

You are a beautiful Dragon…I send Love to you Athus and those who know you well.
    Thank You <3 Jake ^.=.^

• Obelisk says:

I never knew Athus as a person, something I regret to no end. I knew him through his amazing art and talented mind. From what I can gather, his personality was a rival to his art in greatness. I believe I can safely say that the world lost not only a great artist, but an even greater person.

Rest in peace Athus, and long live your memory.

• IceDragon says:

Dearest Athus,
    I needed several days until I found the right words to describe what I feel.
    And what I feel in these dark hours is pain, grief and desperation.

I did not know you personally, but from what I’ve heard about you in the last days, the world has lost a great, fun-loving and talented artist.

The chance to get to know the man behind his fantastic artwork is, sadly passed. Now that I realize that you are gone forever now, I deeply regret to have you barely known.

And now I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes and write this little note to say goodbye to you.

I cry for the dragon, I never met face to face,
    the dragon, I have never written,
    the dragon, I have never talked to,
    the dragon, I sadly could never get to know.

May your impression you have left never fade.
    May your immortal soul rest in peace.

Yours respectfully, IceDragon.

• Autin baxter says:

Although i may not know him much but his love and his talent will be loved and remembered forever. He will live on in our hearts and be with us there every step of the way and i also feel deeply sorry for Anthus’s Mate he will miss him more and love him more then any of us it was a tragic thing i wish i could have saved him and have him living still may he be with all of us in our hearts and souls. Amen.

• Michael says:

Rest in peace Athus, I will always remember you. My condolences to all relatives.

• Samurai Yoshi says:

I wish I could of talked to you face to face. I lurned how to draw better because of you and add life to my work. I always told my friends that you were one of the greats.

I thank you for being an alli in the art world.
    Rest in peace brother……
    ATHUS NADORIAN (1/18/82)-(10/11/11) lost but not forgotten.

• Avit says:

although they day may be dark a dismal, a light still shines on in all thoughs who will remember him. he is never truly gone.

• Avilion says:

I never actually knew Athus at all. I only ever looked at his art and gazed in awe. His artwork was purely amazing, as I am sure he was as a human being, and a dragon in general. I even attempted to draw because of his artwork, but granted, I am unable to do so, given the current circumstances. Regardless, I just wished I knew him. When I heard about his passing, I just broke down. Even though I didn’t know him, I still felt as though I lost a brother of sorts, lost a kin.

I just hope that wherever he may be now, that he is watching over each and every one one us, smiling down upon each one of us dragons. Before his death, I too believed myself to be one, considering my clear infatuation over the race in general. I hope that when I do pass from this world, that I get to meet this wonderful being that is Athus, whether it be in human form when I pass or the form I truly picture myself as.

Ssifisv persvek martivir, Athus. You shall be missed dearly from the known and the unknown.

(Rest in peace.)

• Константин says:

At the moment I do not believe in life after life, but i’m only human, and i can be wrong.
    Let the universe will give what they rightly deserve those who were not afraid to be original or peace-loving, generously giving
    joy and inspiration to others.

He became (as well as everyone when the time comes) a part of nature, one way or another,
    and the brightest part of our memories.

• Harrison says:

Hmm, peculiar effect this has on me. After reading everyone’s post:

I want to say rest in peace Athus.

I want to say that his life was fulfilling and he had somebody special.

He had Narse.

I want to say that nothing last forever.

Everybody dies, we all know that.

But nothing is lost… only Forgotten.

Everyone will try their best to remember you. Especially loved ones.

It was nice knowing that you are a fine example of a human being/dragon.

So Long. Friend.

Here comes the mystery.

• Syrynn says:

Swim free, Athus, swim in the skies above or wherever you may see it fit; you’ll never leave our hearts and souls.

• MukiHyena says:

I never knew him personally, but I shed tears over the news of his death. I’ve been following him since I’ve been involved in the fandom, and having him stripped away, hearing from others what a wonderful person he was brings tears to my eyes.

• Greylight says:

During the short time I knew Athus he was a good friend. Always helpful, always willing to listen, and supportive. At some point we lost contact with each other. Even though I only knew him for a short time online I wish I had the opportunity to get to know him more.

Indeed a great friend has been lost but he will not be forgotten.

Rest in peace Athus

May there be a land where his dreams come true for him beyond the grave.

From an old friend