In memory of Athus and his special life, his closest kin have created this site for others to share their experiences with Athus as well as share photos and artwork. An email address has been established to send your wishes in to be posted on this site athus@athusnadorian.com.

• Mirrdae Aldenshae says:

Maybe someday I’ll find a way that’s more eloquent to say that I’ll miss your friendship, your works of art, and I’ll never forget the warmth in your heart. I know we’ll meet again some day, in another life if I have my way. But until that time, rest, and let your spirit free. You’ll live forever in memory.

Farewell, my friend.

• Dominicus says:

I only talked with you once or twice.. But I can tell from all the comments and how much people miss you.. Myself included, that you are a very loved and caring person.. and I will take that with me throughout the rest of my life.. Because I think that might be what you want…

I really wish we could’ve become friends.. :’(

• Calypsx says:

Rest in peace… You were a big influence to me with art and many other things. This really hurts to see you gone… I can’t really type much without crying… but you will never be forgotten…

-Calypsx

• I never met Athus, but saw him around places such as Further Confusion. From what I could tell, he was a great guy, never let his popularity get the best of him, and was friends and touched so many lives in the Arizona area as well as people across the globe. Even though I never met him i still feel extreme sadness for his loss, and all of the people he left behind, but it comforts me to know that he will be remembered and is watching over us right now =)

• GarageCrew says:

This January was the first time I ever met you in real life (and unfortunately the last time). I remember when both you and Narse were hanging out at the dealers table and the Night Dragon Panel. My heart aches at the fact that I barely got to know you, both of us were outdoors men and we probably had a lot in common. You are flying free as a dragon watching over all of us with nothing holding you back. This is the first time that an event in the furry community has caused me to cry, and have a restless night of sleep. If anything your death has pulled the entire dragon community together. We are all dragons and someday we will all fly free from the bounds of this planet and the problems and stress that we all face will be no more, we will spend eternity playing as dragons. Our human existence is only temporary but, dragons live forever.

• Raventhan Vaeltaya says:

I’ve never met you, Athus, I know you mostly from your great art. It’s a big loss… we all will be missing you, but you will stay in our memory forever. Dragons never die, they are eternal… they just keep living in other world. But still no words can express the regret and sorrow.

May You Rest In Peace, Athus…

~Raventhan Vaeltaya

• TRozok21 says:

It is so sad to hear this news. It’s so tragic to lose someone so close, at such a young age. My hugs and dearest sympathies go out to all those close to Arthus. You will be missed dear Arthus

• Anne says:

I never met you here, but learning of your passing and what you had stood for in this life has made an impact in my world. I will embrace this life to its fullest.

See you on another world, one day.

• Irenicus says:

RIP buddy.

• Reyedog says:

Athus,

We only met once, but that one time was enough to establish a friendship between us and a huge exchange between artwork ideas plus you and a handful of others knew me as Orconius at the time and stated to me “Orcas are sexy as heck”. I will always remember the smile you put on my face when I would comment about the dolphins you drew and the responses back. !Thank you!

“Your time on this world was a good one and you will be in our hearts forever, may your soul travel to that infinite world of beyond past dreams and live on within us all”.

“Rest In peace good friend you will never be forgotten in our hearts and our minds”.

~Reyedog~~

• Thundereus says:

It maybe sounds ridiculous but even if we had never more contact to each other than through some messages which were about art and how you are an inspiration to me, my idol for art…
    I feel like I got very weak today…
    I can’t explain how terrible this is…
    Terrible that you…aren’t there anymore.

I don’t want to hide that I was proud to know you and see your great work. I wanted to be a friend, but…I’m maybe only…
    just another stupid …fan or something like this…

I’m SURE that you were/are a good person who I wanted to meet some day. Now there won’t be any possibility anymore.
    I’m so sorry…
    Anyways I hope so much that you feel good on the other side.
    Fly higher than you ever have, we will never forget you. I will never forget you!
    I also hope I could have called you and your friends my friends.

To friends an family:
    I’m there for you if you need somebody to talk.
    Even if I live in germany, just write me, I will answer.

• Shadowulf says:

Will forever miss you Athus :( I have done a tribute video for you. RIP mate.

• Palo Dean says:

Never missed a moment buddy, not once. I’ll see you in the next life man.
    Palo

• Dragon-in-sight says:

I realy was Shocked when I heared about Athus Death. He was a kind Dragon and great artist that I always will remember. May the spirits bless him and guide his soul to a better life.

*lights a Candle*

• Taleeno says:

Athus.

I never met you personally or on the Internet. I always feel a little bad for posting things when I have little knowledge about this sort of matter. From what I’ve seen and heard though; You seemed like one of a kind. I can only imagine what your close ones are going through right now as I wouldn’t personally know. My deepest sympathies go out to those who where close to you the most, it’s a very tragic end to a promising life. You’ve left us but not completely, since memories in us do not die.

We left you sleeping, soon we will all be sleeping, and will join you- Rest easy and in Peace, my fellow Furry.

• Korvia Azura says:

Oh Athus… Even though we never met and i got to message you once or twice and never got a reply; i Always adored and loved your work, you are so very talented and great… I remember a few years ago when i first saw your work, general and mature; that it was unbelieveable, your stories you wrote and art you did…was amazing, And even though you may not know me… It saddens me deeply in the pit of heart to see that you have Fallen…it brings tears to mine eyes… And So i wish to wish you the blessing of a Highborne… May you rest Eternal and prosper in peace, and to Have the warmth deserved freedom, As the true kin you are; No longer bound by mortal coils of the flesh… Pra ybe that held within our Lord and father; and the true spirit and dragon of who you are is free to be… </3 </3 </3 I will remember you… True kins have real connections to otherkins… And i just want to say my last words to you, and honor you always i will. And to all those who here are sad by his loss; I speak out, Yes, a great being has fallen, But Remember this; With every Beginning, there is an End, and with Every End… There is a New Beginning. While tragic his death happened and so young… Death in such ways is not a punishment, but a freedom, And to all who love him; He is NEVER dead; even though within flesh he be… It's the soul, the spirit and memory, that keeps him alive, to where he is free.

• Kovu says:

I didn’t knew him, but I can say that he was absolutely amazing artist. I enjoy his art.
    My deepest condolences to those that knew him.
    R.I.P

• Draco122 says:

Athus, while I never knew you personally I adored you as a fellow fan, secretly as I was too shy to even speak up to anyone as popular as you!

I’ll shed a tear for you and narse, so sorry I couldn’t get to know you!

May you rest in peace!

• Iain Fixed says:

Athus,

Rest in peace friend.
    You will be missed, my sincerest thoughts are with your family, loved ones, and friends.

- Iain the fixed gear fox.

• Esiel says:

Athus,

I’m one of the lucky ones which you called your “kin brother” and that means more than anything to me. I was confused and you gave me direction. What you did for me is more than anyone else can claim to have done. The impact you had on my life (and on that of so many others) can never be taken away.

My heart is so heavy. It feels like I’ve lost more than a mentor or a kin brother. But knowing you, I can hear you say to us that we shouldn’t be so sad. We’ll have fun on your behalf, bro. I promise. But for now, you’ll just have to bear with us and let us pay you the respect you so greatly deserved and so easily brushed off with your humbleness.

As I’ve said before, I try to find some solace in knowing that you’re resting peacefully in the arms of the Ocean Mother, rocked by the waves with your loved ones and I know that the currents will eventually reunite their kin.

All my love goes out to Narse, Altenia and the rest of his family and friends.

With tears and endless love and respect.

From one sea dragon to another,

Rest in peace, my kin brother.

• Aquacristal says:

My best wishes to athus even through his time here is over i know how hard it is for his relatives and friends and of couse narse, may in peace you rest my friend u’ll be in every furry heart u touch promise.

Best wishes/ aquacristal

• Louis Lamp says:

I met you, most notably at Bad Movie Night… a night that many of us tried to forget after watching a movie about were-chicken zombies… Poultrygeist. I’m glad you lived a life that was full of… adventure. Too many folks are content to spend their lives as spectators.

• Fang says:

Athus was one of best dragon artists I’ve known his art was what inspired me to start drawing. I never really spoke to Athus myself but from what I know he was a nice caring and funny guy, the whole fur community has suffered a great loss…but Narse suffers even greater.

Narse I am sorry for your loss

FangShadow

• SpiritRaptor says:

Athus, Rest in Peace. I didn’t know you as well as I would of liked, but where ever you are, fly well.

-SpiritRaptor

• Essinth says:

You’ve got your wish, Athus. You’re a dragon now, somewhere. Far far away.

• Rarenth says:

Athus, I never met you personally, but I loved your work, your attitude, and all you represented to me. Rest in peace.

• gDragy says:

Rest in Peace Athus

I sadly didn’t knew you personally, nor you me, but you were always some kind of Idol for me. I adore your art and creativity and always will!

Actually your art brought me into the Fandom and made so my boring life to the awesome life it is now. So there is actually no way to thank you for all what you did to me, and that all without that you ever even knew me, but I really thank you for all that <3

It's a shame that you had to leave us so early.

my deepest condolences goes to Narse and Athus's Family
    I wish I could do something, and I bet I'm not the only one who do

• GranDragon says:

Personally I consider Athus one of most talented dragon artist. I admire his job since 2005. Before FA, and other art sites, I knew the talent of Athus and was a inspiration to me when I started to draw.
    Even we talked a couple times on drawings in some forum. I was very honored and happy when He watched me in FA, a talented artist like him watching an artist without talent like me.
    I would have liked to meet him in person
    I’m sorry for your loss. My condolences to the family and friends
    *Hugs*
    Gran

• Nuvoshiro says:

Athus, I met you only once, but you’ve left a mark on my life I will never forget. Until we meet again- as I’m certain we one day will.

• Luke Zepherson says:

Few of Us knew him in person, even fewer knew him personally. But Young Athus was a true inspiration to hundreds, and had talents for the many forms of art he tried that far surpassed that of people more than twice his age.

I never knew anything of him beyond his art on FA, yet his passing pains me as if he were family. And I guess to nearly everyone he’s ever met, He was. He touched so many lives, young and old, in the short time he was with us, and none of us will forget the first time we communicated with him.

Like everyone else, I will miss him dearly, but my heart goes out even stronger to his closest friends; especially his mate. The loss of a partner after more than five years together is something that one will never forget, and the hole it leaves in one’s heart can feel worse than the death itself.

But as he leaves, something new shall sprout from the ashes. We know it can’t ever replace our loss, but it thrives despite, casting it’s beautiful glow on all. It stands as an honorable testament to his life, and as it grows tall and strong, it reminds us that he is still around us, watching down at us on those powerful and majestic wings of his.

I may not be able to offer anything of my own, but I can offer my prayers and a parting song in his memory:

Fly free Brian Dyer, let those wings carry you on and watch over the world with the clarity of the skies for eternity. We shall always cherish whatever you gave us- no matter how small- and keep you alive in our hearts, and healthy in our memories.

• Elias Tupper (Xcos) says:

Athus, you will be missed early, by the time i had read the news of your death, it had darked the core of my world, now i know what it means to lose a very special person in our fandom, it is horrible, and i wish the best of luck to Narse, who i hope will recover from this with peace, and hope

• Noctemwolf says:

Written in response to this tragic event

Standing out on a rock,
    Looking out at endless sea,
    Waves glistening in the golden sunlight
    And eyes glowing with glee

Trailing sight upon the horizon,
    Yearning to be free,
    Around he turns to look and say
    “Keep a watch for me.”

Suddenly gone, quick and without warning,
    Faster than we could see,
    Diving off into the blue
    Disappearing in the sea.

Shall there Never be another,
    Ever, such as he?

• Veladynee says:

Rest in peace, Athus.

All those whom you touched, and those who knew you will miss you, and cherish your memory forever.

• Virxai says:

To Athus, I wish safe journeys among the stars. May the sky above always be fair, and the wind under your wings always true.

To his Family and Friends, I send my thoughts and my prayers that you will be well, and that these times show you mercy. We all wish you well from the depths of our hearts.

Godspeed

• Volvie says:

My deepest condolences to everyone who knew and loved Athus. Nothing else i can say but lots of love and hugs. May he rest in peace.

• Dainsleif says:

Sadly I have never known you, but I wish I did.

I know how much it hurts to suddenly lose someone you really loved, may it be a good friend or a part of your family.
    I feel unbelievably sorry for his family and his friends and I wish them the best luck they can have during this hard time.

• Calypsx says:

Rest in peace, you were a great teacher and influence on my life. It’s so hard to hold back my tears from this…

Spread your wings and fly…

• Robywolf says:

Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss, I know how hard it can be to lose someone so close to you. I can only wish for the peace you so deserve Athus, you are lost to us, but you will never be forgotten.

• Snowheart says:

I don’t have any personal memories about him, but I want to say that he will be missed dearly. May the spirits of those gone before guide him safely beyond, so he can take his place in watching over everyone, especially those he loved and cared about. My condolences that knew him personally, and only wish I could have had the courage to talk to him, even if it would have only been through comments.

• Jason Lontra aka John Corigliano says:

RIP Athus. I know your looking down from above. Know that we’ll always miss you.

• Thorphax says:

Athus, you have always been an extremly amazing friend since the first time I met you, and I feel bad for not having the chance to know you even better. The first time I visited you you were extremly amazing, kind, friendly and a very nice dragon and person, I shall never forget that. We talked, we laughed, we did art, we cried, and so many other things together, it saddens me very deeply that the time has come, so early, for us to say goodbye, you will always be in my heart, no matter what, no matter how, I shall never forget you, ever.

May we meet again in future lives, may our paths cross once more, may we fly together into an eternal twilight of dreams and memory, for I shall meet you there.

Your friend, Thorphax

• Anon says:

We will always remember you, Athus.

• Drakkor says:

It’s shame that English is now my native language, because I will have some troubles finding the right words right now to say how I feel about loosing you right now.

We know each other since a VERY long time now, and I can easily say now that we definitely where close friends at the end too. You where one of the first “Dragon-friend” I had, and also one of the rare friends I could trust as well. I know that at some point, you did a mistake that broke this trust, and even brought us apart for a while too. I know you truly felt bad about this for a long time as well. But, at the end, I am glad to have found the force to forgive you though. I’m actually really glad I did that, because now I know you are leaving in peace, with a relieved mind.

Sooo many things we had in common, and so many time we spend talking about those too. You kept offering to come and visit, but unfortunately my current annoying situation never really allowed me to fly there when I wanted. At least, and even if you where always busy with your Bad6dragon duty, I’m glad we managed to see each other during FC, and even spent some good unforgiven moment together, during the last one in January too.

Again, it’s hard to believe you’re gone for ever now though. At least I’m sure that you’re now free, free to fly as a the true Dragon you where, watching us from where you are.

I’m sure I forget lot of thing I wanted to tell you now, but I don’t know what to add more at this point. I just miss you really much my friend…

Drakkor.

• Athus,

i never met you, but the love and dedication you put in your pictures ever touched my soul.
    It was not only what i saw; the more it was what i felt when i browsed your gallery.
    The love you gave to your friends, your family and the community.

You’ll never be forgotten

*lowers his head and sings draconic sounds*

• Lyndon(Kruddthedragonboy) says:

I may not have known you Athus, but you were an amazing person who touched so many people. My only regret is that I never knew or met you.

Rest in peace.

• 09Striker says:

may his spirit pass on, on to aother life,… may he find nother happy life, with people as close to him,… and hopefully with a happier ending than the one he found in this,… or shall he forever rest in peace

I did not know him,… only through his art, yet still, seeing how everyone grieve about his death and seeing a few close friends of mine who were close friends of him n pain… I can only feel with them, and with him…

whereever you went now Athus, may you find peace there,… the people you left behind will not forget about you

• Lain Szvahl says:

Farewell Athus, you will be sorely missed by your friends and family…..

• Damien Vani says:

Im so sorry to hear what happened, my heart goes out to all the close friends and family of this great furry person, keep an eye out for us buddy.

• Lucas says:

To Narse and family/friends

I didn’t know Athus personally, except through the exceptional work that BD produces. I am sorry such a loss happened. I read the brief news report of what happened with the Hyundai and pickup; a terrible accident. Again, I wish you my best condolences, live happily to continue honoring his memory. Peace and love. <3

• Talion says:

Athus, I never knew you personally, but your art has always been and always will be an inspiration to me. I regret never contacting you to tell you so. I will always look up to you, just now I’ll have to look a bit higher. Rest in peace, Athus.